Samsung Galaxy Note 7 caused $1800 in damages to a Perth hotel room after it exploded

A mobile phone has caused $1800 in damages to a man’s hotel room after it exploded into flames as he slept. The Melbourne man, identified on Reddit as Crushader, says he nearly had a panic attack when his Samsung Galaxy Note 7 ‘fizzed and then popped open’ before bursting into flames and smoke as it charged on his Perth hotel bed.

‘Please do not use the phone anymore, it is dangerous and not worth the risk,’ he posted online.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Caused 00 In Damages To A Perth Hotel Room After It Exploded

Melbourne man, identified on Reddit as Crushader, says he nearly had a panic attack when his Samsung Galaxy Note 7 burst into flames as it charged

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Caused 00 In Damages To A Perth Hotel Room After It Exploded

The man said his phone has been left ‘completely fried’ after it burst into flames and caused $1800 worth of damage to his hotel room

Samsung Australia recalled over 50,000 of the Galaxy Note7 smartphones after discovering batteries of some phones exploded while they were charging.

‘I knew of the recall and lodged my application with Samsung as soon as they announced officially on Friday, and now three days later it has happened to me,’ Crushader wrote. The man said his phone has been left ‘completely fried’ after it burst into flames.

‘I can’t eject the sim tray to retrieved my sim or the SD card.

I was using original charger and cable,’ he posted.

‘Charred the hotel room bed sheet and the carpet when I whacked it down to the floor, burnt one of my finger while doing that too.’

The incident caused $1800 dollars worth of damage to the hotel room, which Crushader says will be covered by Samsung.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Caused 00 In Damages To A Perth Hotel Room After It Exploded

Samsung Australia recalled over 50,000 of the Galaxy Note7 smartphones after discovering batteries of some phones exploded while they were charging

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Caused 00 In Damages To A Perth Hotel Room After It Exploded

The Melbourne man said his phone was charging on the bed, when he woke to find it up in flames

The mobile device was launched just weeks ago, and the company said it had found 35 cases of problems with the smartphone.

In a statement posted to their site, Samsung Australia said concerned customers should return the phone to the outlet where they purchased it.

‘The safety and ongoing satisfaction of our customers is our top priority,’ said Richard Fink, Vice President IT & Mobile, Samsung Electronics Australia.

‘We know our Galaxy Note7 customers are our most loyal customers and we are taking a proactive approach to support them.

We are asking customers to contact Samsung or their place of purchase to arrange a suitable courtesy smartphone or refund.’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*