Inside Pontins Brean Sands kitchen as ex-employee reveals revolting conditions

A former Pontins employee has spoken out to made claims about the disgusting conditions inside the kitchens at the Brean Sands resort. The claims come just days after 18 people were injured when a heating duct fell on guests[1] at the venue. The kitchen worker, who asked to remain anonymous, worked at the Burnham-on-Sea Pontins between July and September last year.

She claims Pontins’ kitchen and restaurant were poorly maintained and employees were left to work in dangerous conditions. She shared footage with Bristol Live[2] , showing what look likes food on the floor, a damaged ceiling and leaking equipment.

The ex-employee claims to have filmed this video in the Pontins kitchen Inside Pontins Brean Sands kitchen as ex-employee reveals revolting conditionsThere appears to be food on the floor and leaking equipment

Read More

The former worker claims the kitchen’s ceiling had water dripping down, the venue’s hot and cold drinks machines were leaking, blocked food chutes took days to be cleared, food was left out overnight and there were holes in the ground. “I noticed scalding water was leaking from the machine,” she said.

“I warned colleagues about this and informed the manager on shift that day who told me she would get the maintenance team to look at it . “Three weeks later the machine was still not fixed and nothing had been done about it. “The food chute was also blocked.

This meant there was a horrible rotten smell lingering around the kitchen which was enough to make your stomach turn.

Inside Pontins Brean Sands kitchen as ex-employee reveals revolting conditionsThe former employee worked at the Somerset resort last summer Inside Pontins Brean Sands kitchen as ex-employee reveals revolting conditionsA ceiling collapsed at the Pontins resort just days ago

Read More

“The place is filthy and usually at breakfast there is food left on the bain marie from the night before. This is because evening staff don’t clean it away.” She said she wanted to share her experience after witnessing the chaos caused when a wall fell onto customers in the resorts’ main entertainment room.

In a statement, a spokesman for the resort previously said: “Following the recent incident at Brean Sands, we take the health and safety of all our guests and staff extremely seriously. “The company is deeply shocked that any guest has suffered an injury caused by any accident. “We are of course fully assisting with the current enquiries and thank the local emergency services and all our amazing staff on the Discount Holidays © holiday park, for their fast response and empathy throughout this time.”

Inside Pontins Brean Sands kitchen as ex-employee reveals revolting conditionsThe employee claimed the place was filthy when they worked there Inside Pontins Brean Sands kitchen as ex-employee reveals revolting conditionsShe shared the video after seeing the “chaos” and 18 people injured

Read More

Sedgemoor District Council as the local authority has begun a health and safety investigation into the incident.

But it warned the inquiry could be ‘lengthy and complex’. Mirror Online has approached Britannia Hotels which owns Pontins for comment.

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online

  • Inside Pontins Brean Sands kitchen as ex-employee reveals revolting conditionsUK’s hottest February day ever
  • Inside Pontins Brean Sands kitchen as ex-employee reveals revolting conditions‘Mum and daughter slaughter family’

You may also like...